Thursday, August 13, 2009
NIGHT AT THE E.R......
Yep! that is as the title says....I had to take KK to the EMERGENCY ROOM. Thanks to her big bro Nono, who tried to flip her over and ended up dropping her..... not only head first, but on our marble floor. I was in the kitchen (see what happens when I try and cook a good healthy meal...) but I heard her hit the floor, and of course I was NOT the calm one. I called Children's Health care and spoke with a nurse. I felt a little better , but was too scared to let her go to sleep, the only thing I kept thinking of was the two celebrities that had recently had what they thought was just a bump on the head ..... and they never woke up....sooooo to the E.R. we went. After 4.5 hrs............OMGosh!!! and all the weird crazy people who want to know all about your business (not the staff .... lol), eeewwww not to mention the not sooo hygiene conscious.... I just tried to sit in our own chairs, mind our own business and not talk to anyone I did not have to. I was soooo glad to get into a room .... to wait once again, but hey it was just us in a room... felt like a breath of fresh air, if you know what I mean. Doctor finally came in and checked her out... her eyes, ears, felt her head, watched her walk across the room (she couldn't figure out why he wanted her to touch the door handle .... she was kind of funny, or maybe by this time I was just exhausted (12:15 am) nope! she was her funny self. Anyway the Dr. said he believed her to be fine, he would not recommend a CT just for the fact that he thought it would be too much radiation for her, since she had no symptoms of head injuries, and she was acting like her normal happy self, but he did say it was up to me. The Dr. was actually in there with us a good 15-20 minutes talking and making sure I understood what he was saying and made it clear that if I wanted a CT he would order it. I really trusted this particular Dr. ( I actually met him years ago and was impressed with him them also) so I decided against the CT. I still had to wake her up every 2 hrs (but if you know me it was closer to up all night watching her breath kinda thing...) she is doing fine....Thank you Jesus!! Nono on the other hand will be on restriction until his adult life!!! They have been told a million plus times NOT to pick her up!! I think this may be the first time in his almost 7 years that we had his undivided full attention...ears wide open type of thing! She is good and I hope that he also learned a lesson from this and to know it could have been much worse than just a sore little head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
MY WEIGHTLOSS GOAL BY JULY.............

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary
Hits Since December 21, 2008!Free Hit Counter by Pliner.Net
No comments:
Post a Comment